Ser Pan Comido
Ser pan comido is a colloquial expression to refer to something that is easy to obtain or do, as Real Academia Española states.
The literally translation in English would be something like ‘to be bread eaten’ and would be equivalent to the idiom ‘to be a piece of cake’.
- Estudiar español es pan comido. → Studying Spanish is a piece of cake.
- Con tu experiencia, el trabajo será pan comido.→ With your experience, the job will be a piece of cake.
Some people say it originated during the post Spanish civil war period.
At this time, bread was one of the easiest and cheapest food to get. Also, it doesn’t need further preparation to eat, which was an additional advantage.
Now, I would like to hear from you. What is pan comido for you?
Please let me know in the comment section below.
Before you leave, are you interested in Spain and its language? Then, you may find our online Spanish classes helpful. With these classes, you will practice your speaking and listening skills with a native speaker from Spain.
Our goal is to offer free content for people to practice their Spanish. However, creating and maintaining the blog takes a lot of our free time. Because of our love of sharing Spanish with you, we will keep adding and updating the content in the blog. If you like the content of this post and believe that it helps you, please consider donating. Any amount is appreciated. Donations will be used to support the free content of this blog.
- Caga Tio or Tio de Nadal$7.84
- Traditional Caganer$45.00
- Shin Chan Caganer$29.24
- Silvio Berslusconi Caganer$21.37
- The Complete Spanish Cookbook$21.73
- Berlitz Vocabulary Study Cards Spanish$19.68
- Merriam-Webster’s Pocket Spanish-English Dictionary$9.40
- I love Barcelona Bumper Sticker (city flag)$5.00
- I love Catalonia Bumper Sticker (flag)$5.00